We’ve officially survived 2018. And the year of 2019 awaits like an unopened present. I’m excited to see what this year holds. But I also don’t want to forget what this last year has meant to me. So here are the top three moments of my 2018 and the top three things I’m looking forward to in 2019.
- I Got Engaged – I’m pretty sure my fiance would kill me if I didn’t list this as number one, so here it is. In April I had the extreme honor of saying yes to my boyfriend and over the past eight
monthsit’s been a mix of “won’t it be wonderful” daydreams and “oh my god I forgot about table runners” panic.
- I Finished the Trilogy – I wrote my first Siren novel was I was 16 and the second book only came out a year later. Then I decided my writing was crap and I gave up. It was probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever done because I love writing. So I’m extremely grateful that in November I finally wrote THE END to the last book in the Secret of the Halflings series.
- I Stopped Eating Pizza (mostly) – One thing my fiance has stressed in our relationship is that he loves me as I am, but supports me in becoming a better version of myself if that’s what I want. And one thing I really wanted was to lose weight. Over the course of a
yearI lost 50 pounds! Now, I’ve put back about 15 of that over the holidays, but that just makes me more excited to get back on healthy eating habits again.
- I’m Publishing Again – I cannot stress how excited I am about the projects lined up for 2019. Blood Tyrant comes out January 19th and then my next top-secret novel comes out a few months after that. And there’s more to come!
- I’m Graduating College – This has been quite a journey. The seniors I met during
my firstsemester that told me college would fly by were not kidding. I don’t know where those four years have gone! But in December I’ll finally get to walk across the stage.
- I’m Cowriting – I won’t share all the details but there is a certain special novel in store for late 2019 that I’m actually co-writing with a dear friend of mine. We met because she was my cover designer for a few other upcoming novels, and we instantly clicked. And boy do we have some amazing characters and stories to share with you!
I’d love to hear what you loved most about 2018 and what you’re excited about for 2019. So comment below or head over to my Contact page. I’m always just an email away.
Until Next Time,